Improve your stomach acid in 5 steps:
A low stomach acidity is very common nowadays and it leads to all sorts of health conditions including dysbiosis, parasites, intolerances, low B12, anaemia, low minerals, brittle nails and hair, low mood, skin conditions, autoimmune disorders, leaky gut and all chronic conditions. To understand its importance lets have a look at the stomach acid functions.
The major functions of stomach acid:
– Crucial for protein digestion.
– Stimulates the production and delivery of the bile and enzymes.
– Closing of the oesophageal sphincter and opening of the pyloric sphincter.
– Acts as sterilising agent again all pathogens that come with food, water and air.
– Activates the cofactors responsible for many vital functions such as vitamins and minerals absorption.
Lets look at 5 ways to improve the stomach acidity with easy daily steps which enhance the stomach function and therefore increasing the stomach acid.
1) Proper Hydration – key to the production of stomach acid. Pure water is the most efficient source for providing adequate hydration, instead of teas, coffee, juices etc. Please read these articles to learn the proper hydration routine which will help in providing healthy stomach performance.
2) Meal size plays a very big role in your stomach acid production. When you have low stomach acid you should not overwhelm it with big and complex meals. Small and light/half raw meals should be your new healthier routine. The meal size shouldn’t be bigger than what your hands can hold together.
4) Include fermented foods in your daily meals e.g. raw sauerkraut, kvass, kimchi, kombutcha.
5) Exclude foods which trigger acid reflux, these could vary from individual to individual but most common include: caffeine, orange juice, tomatoes, processed food, carbonated drinks, alcohol, chocolate. Perhaps a food intolerance test would benefit you to help reduce inflammation and improve digestion and your overall health.
By implementing the above suggestions your stomach function will get back to balance and good health.
If you need professional support you can book a personalised nutritional consultation here:
Willing to know more and participate in our Digestive Wellness program to learn about 5R approach, gut health and how it affects our overall health then join us on the Digestive Wellness Program here.