10 000 Step Daily Challenge
Our body is designed to have daily physical activities but often our modern lifestyle imposes the opposite. The lack of movement leads to many pathologies that often affect our life, resulting sometimes in lack of confidence and mental health issues.
I encourage you to observe your daily steps and aim for a minimum of 10000 a day.
Track your Steps by the following means:
1) If you have iPhone (model S and up) you can use an app which is already installed = Health Data – Activity – Walking + Running Distance.
2) Download any other similar application if you have an android phone. Many are free of charge, just find the one you like.
3) Buy this very cheep but functional device that can help you to observe your fitness data PEDOMETER.
Tracking your physical activity can greatly help you to get healthier both mentally and physically.
Just a few suggestions that you may be able to incorporate in your life to be more active:
– If possible use transport less and walk more.
– Move all the time even when you use the escalator.
– If traveling by public transport leave one or two stops earlier and walk to the destination point.
– Plan to walk more, for example if you live near your job then you might want to choose a longer path.
– Catch up with a friend by meeting for a walk, rather than talking on the phone or over coffee.
– Walk more at your job if you are working in the office, find all reasons to stand up and move a little bit.
– Use the stairs instead of taking the lift. Walk up them as quickly as you can. Try taking them two at a time to increase the strengthen in your legs.
– Park the car at the opposite end of the carpark and walk to the cash machine, post office.
– Walk to a restaurant (or good distance from it) to force yourself to take a walk after dinner.
Even increasing the activity at home – making the bed, cleaning more, walking the dog for longer distances.
Think of extra incidental activity as an opportunity not an inconvenience!
Need professional support? Book your FREE 15 minute Nutritional Consultation to see how I can help you. Available in Tunbridge Wells, Rusthall and over the phone.