Golden Milk – Healthy and Tasty Drink
The combination of powerful ingredients that make up this incredible “Golden Milk” drink not only taste great but also provide a many benefits for the body’s health and well-being:
Lets look at the benefits of Golden Milk:
- Anti-inflammatory action to support gut health.
- Will help the body to gain deep and restful sleep.
- Promotes a youthful appearance from the inside out.
- A powerful antioxidant, this will help cleanse the body.
- Liver is particularly supported for its optimum functioning.
- Boosts the bodies immunity, especially towards bacterial infections.
- Its nutrient dense make up provides the body with the micronutrients it needs.
- Starting from a cellular level, the body’s major organs are all given a health boost.
Beneficial ingredients of this healing drink:
Turmeric: the benefits of this spice are now widely known. It has become a popular addition to many health and fitness experts’ diets due to its far reaching therapeutic properties. Among many benefits turmeric offer anti-inflammatory and antioxidant actions.
Cinnamon: offers anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant actions, this spice regulates blood sugar levels and boosts immunity. It is also known for it’s heart protection properties.
Almond milk: easy on the digestive tract, almond milk has a low GI, includes many vitamins and minerals and is low in calories too. Well known for its vitamin E content it will work wonders for your skin!
Coconut milk: is an excellent source of energy which is released from fatty acids. It is lactose free and adds a wonderful taste.
Black pepper: boosts the body’s ability to absorb and utilise curcumin from the turmeric by 2000 times!
Ginger: an anti-inflammatory root that also offers great support to the digestive system.
Coconut oil: With its high content of omega 3, essential fatty acids and anti-bacterial action, coconut oil benefits nearly every organ including the heart, liver, kidneys and the brain.
How to make Golden Milk:
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ thumb size fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons of high quality – raw honey
- ½ thumb size fresh turmeric or ½ teaspoon of powder
- 150-200ml milk (organic cow’s or coconut, almond or rice)
- Heat milk on a low heat on a hob. Try to keep it at a drinkable heat.
- Using a garlic press, press the garlic and turmeric into a pulp then add to the saucepan.
- Add the pepper, cinnamon, honey. Stir until raw liquid is thicker and golden in colour.
- Do not allow to spill on any surfaces or clothing. It will stain!
- 2 cups of your chosen milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of grated ginger
- 1tsp of quality honey
- 1tsp coconut oil
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, whisking continuously.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Drink 30 minutes before bedtime to enjoy the full benefit of this drink.
This healthy drink you can use while you are on 5R approach. Drink it instead of coffee or tea and let the body enjoy its benefits.
NOTE: you can buy already pre-made Golden Milk on Natural Dispensary website with my practitioner discount code NDK10.
P.S. Golden Milk could be a nice present for someone you love and care for!