Golden Milk – Healthy and Tasty Drink
The combination of incredible ingredients that make up this incredible drink not only taste amazing, they also provide a multitude of benefits for the body’s health and well-being:
- Anti-inflammatory action to support gut health.
- Will help the body to gain deep and restful sleep.
- Promotes a youthful appearance from the inside out.
- A powerful antioxidant, this will help cleanse the body.
- Liver is particularly supported for its optimum functioning.
- Boosts the bodies immunity, especially towards bacterial infections.
- Its nutrient dense make up provides the body with the micronutrients it needs.
- Starting from a cellular level, the body’s major organs are all given a health boost.
Beneficial ingredients in Golden Milk:
Turmeric: the benefits of this spice are now widely known and it has become a popular addition to many health and fitness experts’ diets due to its far reaching therapeutic properties, which include anti-inflammatory and antioxidant actions.
Cinnamon: in addition to providing the body with anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant actions, this sweet and tasty spice regulates blood sugar levels, boosts immunity and is known for it’s heart protection properties and it’s links to reducing the chances of getting cancer.
Almond milk: easy on the digestive tract, almond milk has a low GI, includes many vitamins and minerals and is low in calories also. Well known for its vitamin E content, this ingredient will work wonders for your skin!
Coconut milk: this is also very vitamin and mineral dense. Coconut milk is an excellent source of energy which is released from fatty acids. It is lactose free and adds a wonderful taste.
Whole organic milk: ideal to support the function of the liver and has the perfect combination of protein and fat, which helps the body to repair and regenerate. Drink at night time to ease the digestion of whole milk.
Black pepper: this boosts the body’s ability to absorb and utilise curcumin by 2000 times! Found in turmeric, curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory. As a gentle stimulant for the digestive system, Black pepper is well used to improve the efficiency of the stomach.
Ginger: this is often used by those who suffer from inflammation, such as those living with arthritis. It is also a protector of the heart, reduces sensitivity to sugar spikes and may lower the chances of getting cancer.
Honey: this adds a sweet and soothing taste, honey is an antibacterial agent and has been used for years as a natural remedy for many ailments and as an antibacterial agent.
Coconut oil: With its high content of omega 3, essential fatty acids and anti-bacterial action, coconut oil benefits nearly every organ including the heart, liver, kidneys and the brain.
How to make Golden Milk:
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ thumb size fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons of quality honey
- ½ thumb size fresh turmeric or ½ teaspoon of powder
- 150-200ml milk (organic cow’s or goat’s/coconut/almond)
- heat milk on a low heat on a hob. Try to keep it at a drinkable heat.
- using a garlic press, press the garlic and turmeric into a pulp then add to the saucepan.
- add the pepper, cinnamon, honey. Stir until raw liquid is thicker and golden in colour.
- do not allow to spill on any surfaces or clothing. It will stain!
- 2 cups of your chosen milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of grates ginger
- 1tsp of quality honey
- 1tsp coconut oil
- put all the ingredients into a saucepan.
- bring to the boil, whisking continuously.
- reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Drink 30 minutes before bedtime to enjoy the full benefit of this drink.
NOTE: you can buy already pre-made Golden Milk here:
P.S. Golden Milk could be a nice present for someone you love and care for!